Renault Unveils new Kangoo Van
Renault, Europe’s number one van manufacturer, has launched its new Kangoo van which will be available to test drive at Renault dealerships in the coming weeks.
The new Kangoo Van range offers three wheelbase lengths with three versions of the popular 1.5-litre dCi diesel engine (75, 90 and 110hp).
New Kangoo’s taut lines and clear forms give it a robust, reassuring look, while the front end incorporates Renault’s new design identity, with a bold logo contrasted against a black grille, along with more expressive, more tapered headlights and new door mirrors.
In the cabin, the dashboard has been revised in order to heighten the impression of quality. The new Kangoo line-up features best-in-class engines for fuel efficiency and new equipment options include ESC with Hill Start Assist and Grip Xtend.
The new almond-shaped, eyelid-capped headlights produce a more high-tech, higher quality feel. The front bumper, bonnet and front wings have been reshaped. The large, rounded bumper projects forward of the bonnet for a rugged look, and the slots for the Renault logo helps to lighten the design of the front.
The van is equipped with a black textured front bumper that is more resistant to the small scrapes that are part and parcel of the high-intensity use for which this vehicle is designed. The rear light extensions are also black and the chrome logo stands out against the grained black finish.
Changes to the latest version extend to the interior, as well. The passenger compartment is equipped with a new, more modern centre console which forms a gloss black ‘totem’ similar to the design chosen for New Clio, Captur. This console houses the air conditioning (standard on the 110) and radio controls.
Innovative features for even greater carrying capacity
Also new is a sliding rear roof flap option for tall loads, Operating much like a sunroof, the new roof flap opens up a larger area of the roof than the traditional rear roof flap, enabling tall and bulky items to be carried. The aperture is 100cm wide and 46cm from front to back.
There is huge potential for upgrading and conversions of new Kangoo and Renault offers a
wide selection of accessories and interior fittings such as:
- A range of options for all types of use: wood linings, security bars, etc.
- A wide choice of accessories: roof rack, towing equipment, seat covers, mats, etc.
Three specific technologies in New Renault Kangoo:
- The architecture of the turbo manifold minimises load losses. The path taken by the inlet air is simplified, improving turbo efficiency for better performance with no change to fuel consumption.
- Low-inertia variable geometry turbo: for rapid acceleration response, the turbo’s spool-up time at low speeds is improved thanks to optimisation of the turbine’s size.
- Injector nozzles with individualised spray angles: the more accurately targeted spray pattern produces a very significant improvement in combustion (15 percent less unburned fuel) with a direct benefit to fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Individualised injection spray angle technology compensates for the off-centre positioning of the fuel injector inherent in eight-valve engines (asymmetry between the inlet and exhaust valves). This technology uses seven-hole piezo-electric injectors.
The dCi 110 incorporates low-pressure EGR, plus a thermal management system which further optimises engine efficiency. Other developments include the use of low-friction coatings, derived from F1 technology (DLC for the cam followers, graphite for the piston skirts) and the introduction of a variable-rate oil pump. These features have resulted in a significant reduction in friction, again to the direct benefit of fuel consumption.
The service interval for all new-generation dCi engines (90-110) is every two years or 40,000km.
Improved acoustic performance in New Renault Kangoo
Versions of New Kangoo powered by the latest engines benefit from improvements to the injection system, turbo and exhaust system aimed at reducing combustion noise. The design of the engine mounts has also been revised to minimise vibrations. There is now enhanced soundproofing thanks to: better positioning of sound-absorbing foams in the roof, improved location of mastics, and insulating of the water tank.
Versions of New Kangoo powered by the latest engines benefit from improvements to the injection system, turbo and exhaust system aimed at reducing combustion noise. The design of the engine mounts has also been revised to minimise vibrations.
There is now enhanced soundproofing thanks to: better positioning of sound-absorbing foams in the roof, improved location of mastics, and insulating of the water tank.
Class-leading fuel consumption
The latest Kangoo line-up builds on the strengths of its predecessor, especially when it comes it fuel-efficiency. The line-up includes a choice of responsive, yet economical powerplants, two of which return the lowest fuel consumption in their segment. To help drivers reduce their fuel consumption further still, the latest-generation engines available for Kangoo come with a gear shift indicator as standard equipment, as well as an ECO mode that can achieve fuel savings of up to 10 per cent by acting on engine torque, the gear shift indications and accelerator pedal mapping.
An impression of quality that expresses New Kangoo’s inherent robustness
During the development of New Kangoo Van, significant attention was paid to improving the impression of quality. A thorough review process lasting several months was implemented with a view to identifying those areas which permit the van’s strength to be instantly recognisable. The areas to benefit from attention include:
- Spot weld finishes,
- Crimping quality of door panels (cleaner, more consistent finish),
- Precision in the application of body sealants,
- Enhanced acoustics (sound proofing, aerodynamics, engines).
New Kangoo: made exclusively at Renault’s Maubeuge plant
All New Kangoos will be made exclusively at Renault’s MCA de Maubeuge facilities in France. This factory is notably acclaimed for its ability to cover a wide range of vehicles and options (63 versions of Kangoo, 21 engines/motors, the Mercedes Citan, 200 colours), as well as for its uncompromising quality inspection procedures. The factory has made more
than 4.9 million vehicles since 1971, including almost three million small vans and passenger car derivatives.
Renault PRO+ - Serving Business Customers of All Sizes
Renault PRO+ network dealerships in Ireland is a franchise dedicated entirely to business customers, from sole traders to local fleet and semi-state companies. It offers fleet expertise through dedicated and highly trained staff ,comprehensive sales service, aftersales service and finance solutions.There are now fivenew PRO+ Centres giving business
customers a one-stop shop for all their van needs. Worldwide the Renault PRO+ family is growing fast with 400 sites.
- Specialist commercial vehicle sales and after sales advisors
- A large display of commercial vehicles, including converted vehicles
- Extended Service hours
- A courtesy vehicle, most applicable to your needs
- Maintenance and repair work up to 5 tonnes
- Within the hour diagnostics
The 5 Irish Renault Pro+ Dealers :
- Keary's Motors, Kinsale Road Roundabout, Cork.
- Joe Mallon Motors, Monread South, Sallins Road, Naas.
- Dennehy Motors, Dock Road, Riverside Business Park, Dock Road, Limerick.
- H & H Motors, Butlerstown Roundabout, Cork Road, Waterford.
- Renault Belgard, Tallaght, Dublin (Pro+ to open in 2013)
Check out new Kangoo at Renault dealerships and online at www.renault.ie
Pricing for the Irish models below:
Renault Kangoo comes with a market leading five year warranty and through Renault Finance from only €67 per week